Saturday 25 August 2012

adventures.


After the breakfast mentioned in the previous post, I studied a while in the library and then attended a lecture from AWS about battery hens. Needless to say, (refer to previous post) it was hardly filled out and we were all women! The lecture itself was pretty confronting. I walked out of there with a fiercely pro-vegan argument raging in my head, even as I thoughtlessly scoffed down a jacket potato stacked with cheese AND some cakes (yes, plural) from a bake sale. It took me a whole 10 minutes to realise something was a bit off.  I've continued to screw up almost every day since then BUT I will do this! As a tam brahm reared on thayir I guess that vegan may be a bit of a stretch but I can try to stick to lacto-vegetarianism, i.e. cut out the eggs.

Anyway. It's week four and I'm already doing an all-nighter, which is a bit ridiculous. I have a group presentation tomorrow for an assignment which involves being on talkback radio. My group is fantastic! I love them all. Highlights included:
  • Complaining about my grandmother's wedding dress which I recently inherited. I'm pissed off because it's full of moth holes, and my cousins got all her jewellery
  • Being smited (well I'm sure he thinks that's what happened) by Ray Hadley about Gillard and the law firm thing
  • Trying to be a conspiracy theorist and argue with "the golden tonsils" on 2SM till we realised half way through that we were actually saying the same thing! 

And here's a skit we're planning to open tomorrow's presentation with:
 
Radio host: “And today we'll be talking about how immigrants cause global warming, which doesn't exist. Give us a call with your opinion on the best way to dye Julia Gillard's hair her real colour. Green.”
Punter (to themselves). “mhmmmm! I hear you sister! I'm going to ring up and tell this girl how right she is!! That'll show those lefty greeny boat people what's what!” -picks up phone-
Gandalf: “Welcome to radio 2 gigabytes. Do you wish to speak to Jalan Ones?
Punter: “Why yes, as a matter of fact I do! I want to tell her how right she is”
Gandalf: “Well she's certainly not left. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!”
-Punter breaks down crying”
Radio Host: “Next we'll be talking about the top three reasons that women are unconstitutional”
Punter 2 (moi): “Oh no she didn't!!!” -picks up phone-
Gandalf: Welcome to radio 2 gigabytes. Do you wish to speak to Jalan Ones?
Punter 2: Why yes, I want to say how wrong she is. Was she hit on the head by a crapload of stupidness as a child?
Gandalf: Jalan Ones was never a child. YOU SHALL PASS!!!

ohhhh boy.